Late WIPocalypse & a Stitch Maynia finish

This is a rather late WIPocalypse post

Question of the month: What do you have on your stitching bucket list? (for example, specific projects, designers, fibers, etc)?

I'd really like to stitch a Chatelaine (or several), and also (not cross stitch, but still) a crazy quilt.

Progress on my WIPocalypse goals:
  • Minimize pattern purchases: No purchases in August!
  • Complete at least five of my 'old' WIPs: Still at four finishes...
  • Put some stitches into all of my 'old' WIPs at least once during 2019: Progress only on Mermaid Azure again (no pic, sorry!). I need to just pull out my remaining WIPs and put a few stitches in them, and get it over with!
In other news, I finished something that I started this year for Stitch Maynia: "Four de Lys" by Ink Circles, on 28 count "Oyster" linen, with Silk 'n Colors "Greek Currents" thread. The thread was a limited edition from a couple years back; I love the colors.
See the bit of the design at the top in the middle? I had one of those motifs almost completely finished when I realized I'd centered the design on the fabric wrong. I would have had *maybe* a half inch of fabric on the right and bottom if I'd kept going. I have trouble starting designs from corners or edges; I never entirely get the placement on the fabric right.

I frogged it all and restarted, this time from the center of the design. Much better!

Comments

Oh wow, good catch of your miss-centering! Could have been so much more annoying if you'd been farther in. Great finish as well!
Katie said…
Great work with your goals. Lovely finish. I hate those kind of mistakes.
Percetakan said…
The article is cool and very interesting for me, with your post here that I have read is certainly cool and quality, greetings from the admin Continue to work Jasa Bikin Banner Greetings from all of us who read it thanks from Jasa Cetak Spanduk