Progress pics

I've made progress on a couple of things -

I have four of the eight cups stitched on "Block Party - Java":
And I've been working on my Maynia 2019 day 1 project, "Where There Are Bees":
I'm somewhere between a third and half done, and I'm running out of the gray-brown! I thought I had more than enough - almost (I thought) a full skein - but clearly not. Unfortunately, I have two other DMC 3787s, one old and one new, and neither of them completely matches the one I used (which I suspect was also an old one). The older extra skein is pretty close in color, I think, so I can make it work. But I do think it's funny that I have three DMC 3787s and none of them match. 😄 Dye lots, amiright?


Comments

Katie said…
Fantastic progress on both pieces. It's amazing how much the dye lots change. Glad you found a good fit.
Great progress! I have that dye lot issue with a red...but thankfully, I only need a tiny little bit more, so I think I can get away with frogging a bit, then blending it with the new thread!
Julie said…
Lovely progress. The bees is particularly pretty
Your projects are looking good. Even the smallest of changes in dyes can be a nuisance. If you blend one of the current one with one of the next skeins and gradually change over to all of the next skein, it should work. Hopefully that made sense!