February Smalls SAL post

I unexpectedly started on February from the Joyful World SAL last weekend, so I decided to make it my Smalls SAL project for this month:

I like how these designs are simple (not overly many stitches, very very little confetti) but challenging (counting threads on 36 ct linen...let's just say my eyes are not as young as they used to be). I've been using pins to mark off progress as I stitch the borders, which helps a lot.

Other smalls I finished this month:
Sidenote: I had initially planned to stitch this design for this month's Small, but it has been an absolute pain and I've had to put it aside. The fabric I got for it turned out to be very stiff and awkward to work with; for some reason I kept stitching the leaves wrong and having to frog and re-stitch; and then I discovered that I had made a mistake and an entire bit of vine was misaligned, and who knows how much I'll have to unpick to fix it, ARGH. So I gave up on that one for now.

Comments

Julie said…
Super finish, these SAL designs are so popular, I wonder how many will actually still be doing them at the end of the year?
Linda said…
Congrats on the cute finish Amy.

Linda
Sarah said…
All very cute finishes. That month series is very nice. It seems pretty popular right now.
Katie said…
Congrats on the too cute finishes! Love watching this one grow. Sorry about your problem piece. Hopefully you find the error and get it reworked quickly.
Unknown said…
Your February Smalls are great. Gone Batty has to be my favorite.
I've been considering doing these patterns, and I think you have just convinced me to add them to my list! Beautiful stitching <3
A lot of those Joyful Worlds making it into the Smalls SAL. Very nicely done!
Elfie said…
Your finishes are lovely. That design you put away is also very sweet - but I can see how it could be tricky, especially on the wrong fabric.
Irmeli said…
Beautiful finishes all of them, especially I like your Redwork heart.
Von said…
I'm enjoying this SAL too for the same reasons!
The little one you put away is a pretty thing, perhaps starting over one day on a different piece of fabric will do the trick. :)
The Joyful World is such a great design. I am really enjoying seeing all the different versions.
Unknown said…
The Joyful World is certainly a joy to stitch each month - yours is looking fantastic.
ANGIE said…
Hi Amy, it's so sweet finish! Happy stitching!
Heather said…
Yay! Great work.

And thank you for the link to the Love design. I might attempt it some day. ;)
Irene said…
Anch'io li sto ricamando, ora sto facendo marzo, sono bellissimi
I am playing catch up with blog reading. I really like your February small.