Spring = Stitching Interuptus

Last month I got part of my backyard fenced in for the dogs, and they LOVE being out there, which means I spend a lot of time out there (blind dog needs supervision so that he doesn't 1. run into or fall down things when he gets excited by neighborhood sounds and 2. eat ALL THE DIRT).

Plus, this has been going on for most of April:
This has been an AMAZING spring for lilacs! I have two huge (1 to 1-1/2 story tall) lilac bushes next to my house, and they are absolutely drooping with epic amounts of flowers. Hanging out in my backyard has meant being enveloped in the scent of lilacs. It's wonderful.

We've also had lovely cool weather, so on the weekends and after work I've done some work on my back hill (badly overgrown), and in my big, neglected garden bed, and (which is really not like me) pulled a lot of weeds.

And then I go inside and am tired and end up watching Netflix and/or playing jigsaw puzzle on my tablet. And not stitching.

I actually won't have a Smalls SAL post this month. :( I may not have a WIPocalypse post, unless I can talk myself into pulling out a WIP and putting a few stitches into it before Sunday....

I've also gone back and revised my Stitch Maynia plans. I've narrowed stitching plans down to 19 days, with three of those being "finishing days.

That also puts less pressure on me to prep, which is good, because May is next week and I haven't kitted anything up yet. *sigh* And I figure if I end up wanting to continue starting new things after 19 days, I have several kits I can dip into.

Comments

I do love lilacs...I'd spend a lot of time outside too if I had a garden like that!
Julie said…
Very impressive lilacs, no wonder you want to be in the garden and not inside stitching.