Progress, and still stitching 99% from stash

Last night, when I was awake in the middle of the night (thank you, dogs), I ordered the beads for Bleeding Heart Pixie. I think I may actually get to start beading this month! Here's where I am now:
The fact that she's headless is starting to bother me a little. 😅 I think I'll do the feet, and then move the hoop and give her a head before I continue with the wings.

I'm really itching to start something new despite still having 11 WIPs. There are two pieces I want to stitch as gifts this year, which is a really good excuse to start something new! After I finish Pixie, or possibly before, if I have enough downtime some weekend this month, I'll organize the fabric and threads for the Wildflower wreath and Nutty Christmas and put the first stitches in. What I'll be starting:
So, I would like to mention that other than the little 99 cent ornament kit that I picked up after Christmas at Joann's, I haven't purchased any new patterns since October of last year. In fact, I'm doing really well not spending money on stitching stuff just in general. I don't have the beads necessary for the Pixie, so I bought them; and I plan to buy a Mag Eyes thing whenever I finally decide to do Feathers n Fins as my focus and finish project. But other than that, my upcoming stitching plans (the gifts, and Stitch Maynia) are all comfortably built around what I already have on hand.

It will be interesting to see how long I can sustain that - there was a Super Bowl sale at my local-ish (2 hours away) LNS last weekend, but I ended up not being able to go. I told myself I would only go there in order to get the bead pack for Bleeding Heart Pixie, but there's no way I would have gotten out of there without more. It was hard enough ordering JUST the bead pack online without succumbing to all of the pretties on the website.

(Confession: During the period of October - December last year, while I was angelically not purchasing patterns or fabric or anything, I WAS going a little crazy acquiring a supply of seasonal embroidery scissors and beaded fobs. Um. 😳 And that's why I'm being cautious in planning non-pattern/fabric/thread purchases as well.)

Comments

Kay said…
Sometimes you just have to kit up another chart, despite all the wips. I put together everything today for another start, A Jardin Prive christmas chart, never mind the Wips, I feel like doing something new. x
Faith... said…
New starts that are going to be gifts are a good thing to kit up and start and it helps get rid of that 'I need to start something new' feeling!

You are doing great at not buying anything new! Keep it up!!
Julie said…
She's very vibrant and lovely.
Katie said…
New starts just feel so good. I've been behaving too. It would help if designers would stop putting out things we can't live without haha. Beautiful work on Bleeding Heart Pixie. I would have to do her head too.
Great progress on the pixie! She looks a little like a Greek statue without her head.