Not a Creature was Stirring

I finished a project from one of my oldest patterns - Not a Creature was Stirring by Lizzie Kate. I've had the pattern since around 1998 or so. I finally got the fabric for it a few years ago, and then I started it for 2017 Stitch Maynia.

Here's the finished stitching:
It's stitched on the called-for 26 count navy Heatherfield. The threads I used are

Needle Necessities Fool's Gold
Threadworx Blue Navy and Woodland Green
Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe Merry Christmas, Custard, and Purple Splendor
DMC Light Variations E703

I couldn't find the mouse-inna-bed button used in the original design, but I found one that I actually think is cuter, by Just Another Button Company:
For the rest of the 3D doodads I used some large-ish, generic red beads and a silver bell.

I'd like to turn it into a pillow. I'll just go ahead and add it to the pile of other finishes I'd like to sew into things but don't have the skill/nerve to actually try to do....

Comments

Faith... said…
Love this one and it is a great finish!

Hope you will try making it into a pillow. My first pillow I was panicking too but finally gave it a try and I love it!
Katie said…
Congrats on finishing it off. I love how it turned out. Would make a beautiful pillow. I have a huge stack of things to sew too. I'm finally breaking down and buying a new sewing machine so I can actually do them.
Well done your finish! I think it would make a super pillow.
Julie said…
A sweet finish, the embellishments are perfect.
What a cheer- and colourful finish! Well done, the button is very cute indeed.