Smalls SAL for June

Was not sure I would finish the block in time, but taking a bit of a staycation gave me the spare time. I stitched the yellow house block this month:
I ran into a dye lot problem - I thought I could get all of the dark brown stitched with what I had of a skein of GAST Wood Trail, but I ran out. My other skeins are either too light, or extremely variegated. Nothing like the original skein at all. So I'm having to cut off the too-light parts of the strands of one skein and just use the darker bits. Argh.

Comments

Julie said…
Love seeing this one each month, its great.
Katie said…
Looks great. Those dye lights sure cause problems.
Your block and piece so far looks so good. I love the colors in this one. I have a partial skein of Wood Trail if you want it.
Great block, but looks like a lot of stitching! Especially when you're having to dealing with frustrating floss on top of it...