August finished

I finished The Snowflower Diaries Joyful World SAL "August" this morning before work.
I like how it turned out. I changed a white butterfly to the Monarch - white doesn't show up well on my fabric, so I thought I'd stitch my favorite autumn butterfly. I got a bit excessive in the details, but with all of the pops of color and detail in the rest of the months I don't think it stands out too badly. I did try to balance things a little in this block by adding a tiny bit of backstitch to the blue and white butterfly (or is it a dragonfly?) on the right. And the darker bunch of flowers on the right helps too, I think.

I've picked out most of the center motif of the Lizzie Stitching Wallet interior. I've also worked out where the motif needs to be, so when I'm less annoyed and ready to restitch, I will know where to start.

Since it's March 1, I can pull out my Smalls SAL piece and work on the third block. Is it ridiculous that I'm really excited about that? I guess limiting my work on that project to one small section per month makes it feel like a special treat.

Comments

Katie said…
Congrats on the finish. Looks great! I do the same thing with my Smalls SAL. I am excited to get it started each month. Good luck with yours.
Julie said…
Super finish, your dog does look great, lovely choice of thread change
Your August block turned out great. Way to go!