WIP progress and RIP stash diet

Snowflower Diaries 2016 free SAL "Joyful World" - I picked it back up last month and finished July.

I changed the border color from GAST Apple Cider to GAST Wood Smoke, and added the bent leg to the right-most flamingo. 

Here's the whole thing so far, in all its rumpled glory:
Also, I'm giving up on Stitch from Stash. I'm having trouble with the 'fake money' element - the fact that I add money to my budget for finishes, but on one hand I don't always feel like the amount aligns with the effort I put in, and on the other (more significant) hand, it's not real money so it feels meaningless.

So I decided to give up on that, and just track finishes, and keep my pattern library at top of mind so that I'm not tempted to buy things when I already have something to scratch the itch.

Of course, I decided that, and then there was a sale this past weekend at my local-est needle shop (2 hours away) and I went and bought a bunch of stuff. Derp.

I got the threads I went for (including some hard-to-find Wisper thread that I haven't been able to find online, and a couple of discontinued Thread Gatherer threads, all of which are called for in old patterns in my stash.

And then...I bought a bunch of patterns and kits. Everything was either 20% or 50% off, I couldn't pass it up. 😖

New stash:


Comments

Katie said…
I enjoyed the smile at your explanation of why you gave up stitch from stash and then the beautiful new stash you bought. Seriously though this is why I don't join. If I want something I'm going to buy it. I've seen too many things retire and you can't find them anymore. So buy it when you can. Everything you got looks great. Your Joyful World looks great. Every time I see this one I fall in love with it. I should probably download at least in case some year I decide to actually do them. Yours looks beautiful.
Julie said…
Enjoy your new charts, great choice you managed to get at bargain prices.
Joyful World SAL looks great, love the bent leg!
Congratulations on your Flamingo block finish! I love that you added the bent leg. I think you came away with awesome bargains. Enjoy your new stash!