February Smalls post & an FFO

For Heather of Stitching Lotus's Smalls SAL, I stitched another square of Frolic in the Foliage by Blue Ribbon Designs, the blue house square:
I ended up buying one of the called-for Weeks threads, "Pumpkin." It replaces the DMC 721 that I was using for the dark orange. In this square, it's used for the border. The difference is hard to see here, but the subtle shading makes it look less glaringly orange to me. 

I'm enjoying the incremental approach to this pattern. It's nice to know when it will be done, and to know the ultimate finish can be accomplished via attainable monthly goals.

Also:

I got a sewing machine over Christmas, and just got it set up this past weekend. My first ever pillow-style finish:
The design is In Every Nest by Raise the Roof Designs; I stitched it last year.

Comments

Congratulations on getting the next block finished on your fall piece, Amy! It looks super. I love the colors in this piece. Way to go on getting your little pillow sewn up! Enjoy your weekend!
Kay said…
I really like your little easter finish. x
Julie said…
Great finish using your new sewing machine, well done.
Pretty small for this month.
Pamela said…
Very nice! One square a month is a great way to work through a bigger project.
Elfie said…
Lovely stitching and finishing. It looks as though you have mastered your new sewing machine.
Mary said…
I love your BBR blocks, they are really beautiful. Your ffo looks great.
Katie said…
Great new block finish. I just love your little pillow too. I got into a fight with my sewing machine. I have a pile of things I want to make into pillows too of course haha.