Slow down, October

Am I the only one dumbfounded by the fact that October is half over? Where did this month go? Everything has been so busy that I haven't even gotten out my Halloween decorations yet. 😞

I was out of town for work last week, and decided I wanted to take along a project that only used one or two colors. I settled on a monochrome WIP started during Stitch Maynia 2017, "Where Did I Put My Broom" by Dark Crosses (Etsy).

Before the trip:
Now:

I'm using The Thread Gatherer Silk 'n Colors "Smoke Stack," which varies in color between black and dark brown:

Now that I'm home, I've picked up Just Nan's Haunted Autumn House again, so this one will go back into the WIP basket. Given the way this month is going, the only way I'm going to get Haunted Autumn House done is via the focus-and-finish strategy; but then probably only if I have some unexpected extra stitching time. I did at least get a small finished for the October Smalls SAL installment.

Update on the new dog:

He has settled in wonderfully, and my dog has mostly remembered that Poco is actually his puppyhood BFF. There's a bit of jostling for dominance, especially around meals and snacks and who gets to sleep up next to my back at night. But otherwise they hang out comfortably, and have started to play and have fun.

Poco's mom sent them both some cute Halloween scarves:

Comments

Happy to hear the pups are getting along! You made good progress on your monochromatic piece while away. I had to chuckle over your question. That has been my question since each month has started. Where did the previous month go?
Julie said…
Great progress.
I'm way behind so its even further into October now lol
Sheryl said…
good progress Amy. October just disappeared this year and I have to forget Halloween and start on something for Christmas which is just around the corner.