August goals - status, pics

Ugh, this month. Busy, and stressful. Stitching suffered.

August Goals Status:
Finish Prairie Schooler September (Maynia 2017 start)
Status: Didn't even put a stitch into it. I was paralyzed by indecisiveness regarding the colors I chose for the squirrel. Still here:

Start/finish Satsuma Street Sorry We're Dead for FB Halloween SAL
Status: Started, but not finished. I like the look of it so far, though. Initially wasn't sure about the orange (it's more vibrant than in this pic), but it has grown on me.

Finish Just Nan Summer House (probably won't be able to finish, but going to try)
Status: Finished the stitching! Assembly to happen in September.

Progress on Tempting Tangles Feathers n Fins (Stitch Maynia 2017 start)
Status: No progress. Still here:

Progress on Nora Corbett Bleeding Heart Pixie
Status: I actually added a row of white in her dress! It's not terribly noticeable, though, so no updated picture.

Keep up with Faby Reilly Lizzie Stitching Wallet SAL
Status: Fail. Whether I catch up before next Spring will depend on whether or not I can tear myself away from seasonal stitching. Still here:

Progress on Jolly Jack by All Through the Night (Stitch Maynia 2017 start)
Status: Tiiiiny bit of progress, which amounted to testing 310 in the pumpkin eyes to see if it's going to show up well enough on the dark fabric. IDK. No pic, forgot. Doh.

Purchases: $90 budget for Needlework Galleria 
Status: Nailed it! (Pic of purchases is in a previous post)

Unplanned stitching:
I started & finished the square design from Scissortail Designs Pumpkin Potpourri because I'm in such a mood for autumn.
I also started a free pattern, a Halloween biscornu by Durene Jones via the Lakeside Needlecraft FB page. I am using materials from my stash.

Ongoing Projects:
  • Just Nan's Mouse in a House series - goal is to actually get them all done within a reasonable timeframe.
  • Faby Reilly Lizzie Stitching Wallet - this is a stitch along that runs through October. Goal is to keep up with it. (Not sure I can get back on track after this month; we'll see.)
  • Tempting Tangles Feathers n Fins - I love this, but stitching on 40 count is a challenge, so it's slow going. Goal is at least one or two threads per month.
  • Nora Corbett Bleeding Heart Pixie - I sort of accidentally started this; goal is at least one or two threads per month.
  • Stitch Maynia starts - the small designs will be take-to-work projects. The larger designs will be picked up as the mood strikes. (I'll make more progress here when I get in the Christmas/winter stitching mood.)

Comments

Carol said…
Well, some progress is better than none, Amy! I didn't get much done in August either and I have a feeling the rest of the year will be like that. Oh well... enjoy the projects we have, right? Your Just Nan finish will be awesome and I do love that pumpkin finish, too! Enjoy your long weekend :)
Amy, every little stitch counts and gets you closer to a finish. I look forward to seeing what you get accomplished in September. Congratulations on your autumn block finish.