Smalls SAL & Needlework Galleria haul

Firstly, my August small for the Smalls SAL hosted by Heather of Stitching Lotus:
This is the square design from "Pumpkin Potpourri" by Scissor Tail Designs. I used 32 count Parchment linen by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe; threads are Gentle Arts, VMSS, and Classic Colorworks.

I also attended Needlework Galleria on Saturday for a little shopping. My haul:
I did pretty good sticking to my wish list; the only items I had not planned to buy were the SamSarah and JBW patterns. The models for When Pigs Fly were SO STINKIN CUTE that I had to get the pattern. Next year I'll plan to get the little sticks they're mounted on. :)

I'm very excited about stitching Ink Circles "Reflections of Cairo" - I will use the charted linen, "Dried Thistle" by Hand-Dyed by Stephanie (which is so pretty IRL), but I wanted thread colors that included Lapis and the green of the Nile valley after Inundation (I was a little bit of a geek for Egyptology back in my nerdy youth). The Silk n Colors threads I found are so perfect. I should probably finish one of my big WIPs before I allow myself to start it, but oh boy I'm so excited.

Comments

I really like your pumpkin finish for your small. What a nice assortment of goodies you picked up at the Needlework Galleria! I really like the thread color for your Ink Circle's project.
Mary's Thread said…
I've just discovered Scissor Tail designs-so pretty! I love this fall one you did! And what fun shopping! I have been thinking about that very color, Turquoise Fields, for a monochromatic peacock-what do you think of it for that? I guess I need to get it and just dive in! It's gorgeous. Can't wait to see your project!