March Small & FFOs

A couple of days early, my March small for the 2017 Smalls SAL run by Heather of Stitching Lotus.

This is 3 Violets Humbug, my first Just Nan project. I used the called-for threads on a gray-blue Cashel linen; the color of the linen is shown accurately in the second set of pics. I really enjoyed stitching this, and making it up into the cute little humbug. I now want to stitch so many Just Nan things! I've kitted up Spring Mouse in a House for April. :D

Other Finishing

I also finished stitching & FFOd Happy Easter:
I LOVE how this turned out! I stitched the design on 32 count opalescent Cerulean Blue by Silkweavers. The finishing required sewing, and I am really not good at sewing so there are errors; but I don't think the errors are too obvious. I love the blue flowered fabric that I found for the top and bottom bands. I had the white grosgrain ribbon and the pink and white string. (Design is by Tiny Modernist from the March 2016 Cross Stitch Crazy magazine.)

Finishing those two over the weekend inspired me to pull out something I stitched back in December. It needed beads, buttons, and FFOing.
Merry Little Bird by Lizzie Kate. It was a kit that came with the bird-shaped fabric piece, which was open at the back pocket-style, and the beads and buttons. Stitching it was a paaaaaaaain. Attaching the beads and buttons was even more of a pain. But it turned out very cute, so I look forward to hanging it on my tree at Christmas. :)

Stitch from Stash

I have done so very very badly at this in March. My ability to resist purchasing things evaporates when I'm really stressed out, and March has been incredibly stressful. So when shops advertised sales on their Facebook pages, I...sort of bought all the things? I mean, not ALL the things, but definitely quite a few of them.

I spotted a couple of designs released at the Nashville show that I needed (neeeeeeded!) - I purchased Spring Mouse in a House, and have Coffee Quaker by Heartstring Samplery and Rorschach by SamSarah Designs ordered. Also bought Dorothy Parker Quote by WhatSheSaid & Sorry We're Dead by Satsuma Street. Bought some (more) gorgeous Silk n Colors threads, mostly for use in Mirabilia's Feather Fairy.

And I bought a cute OOP design by Raise the Roof called In Every Nest. I started this one over the weekend. The charted threads are by a company I've never heard of (Sweets Over-Dyed Floss?) so I'm subbing some WDW, GAST, and DMC, on 32 count Parchment by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.
Luckily, with all of the stitching I've done this month, I'm not completely in the hole. But I must do better next month. Ugh.

Comments

Linda said…
Congrats on all of the cute finishes and start.

Linda
Carol said…
Well, those are just the cutest spring finishes, Amy!! Love the humbug bunnies--you did a great job! And your pretty blue wallhanging finish looks perfect to me! Honestly--no sewing errors anywhere that I can spot :)

I've been good about not buying anything new this year at all--I just have way too many cute things calling my name from my stash!
Mary's Thread said…
I love Just Nan too! What a cute little thing that humbug is! And your wallhanging is lovely, nice job!
AC said…
So cute your Violet's Humbug is, and a Beautiful finish!
Anna-Carin
Way to go on your finishes, Amy! Violet's Humbug is adorable. Your Easter banner looks super. Enjoy your weekend!
Brenda said…
Great job on getting so much finished for this month!!! I have my JN humbug like that on display as well!! I love it!! Beautiful finishes!!!
Mary said…
Your JN humbug and Easter banner are just beautiful.
Katie said…
Wow some just gorgeous things in this post. Love the adorable humbug. The banner is perfect to me. The bird finish is just too adorable. Great new start and nothing cures stress like fun stitching shopping so I say go for it.
JudyC said…
Wonderful stitching and finishing! Congratulations!
Melinda Forbes said…
Your Just Nan project and Happy Easter are so pretty. I do think you picked the best fabric for the Happy Easter Design
Julie said…
Such a cute Just Nan project, very pretty.
Sheryl said…
Beautiful work, love the humbug and gorgeous colours
Kaisievic said…
Oh Amy, I do so love the Just Nan humbug - it is so very, very sweet! Lots of lovely finishing and new starts - great post, thank you.