At lunch today I put the last few stitches into a birthday gift due on Friday. Started this on Jan 2 because I have bad judgement.
bought the pattern at an LNS and requested the charted linen, but they gave me this by mistake. By the time I realized this fabric was far too low a count to fit the project as charted, the LNS was going out of business so I couldn't exchange it. It's
essentially the right color, though, and once I decided to stitch over
1, the design fit. The very loose weave did make over 1 stitching even
more treacherous than usual - the threads wanted to vanish under every
I counted wrong in one spot, but had gotten so far along by the time I noticed that I just didn't have time to frog it. I fudged a couple more things to hopefully cover the mistake.
I can't WAIT to move on to something else, but between work and feverishly stitching this thing in hand without being able to use the sewing method (both because of the ridic fabric), my elbow and shoulder are killing me. So time for a short stitching break. :(
But yay it's done. I'll frame it over the next couple of days, probably in a shadow box frame.
Lizzie Stitching Wallet: I fixed the error on the interior piece of the wallet (the center motif was too far to the right). Before: ...
My November small for the Smalls SAL, run by Heather of Stitching Lotus : This is from a kit that came with an issue of Cross Stitch Cra...
My first small for the 2017 Smalls SAL run by Heather of Stitching Lotus . It's a Lizzie Kate Tiny Tidings called Snow Bird. There are ...