"Cats on Parade" finished & a new (tiny) SAL

Finally finished "Cats on Parade" this weekend, and framed it last night.
Stitched on 32 count mystery fabric with DMC 310
I objected to spending $30 on a nice frame, so I got an inexpensive frame, roughed it up a bit so it would hopefully look less plastic-y/MDF-y, and then dressed it up a bit with black lace 'matting.'

I do like how it turned out, though someday I would like to get it professionally framed, with glass. I laced the fabric onto the backing board and secured the black lace with a couple of small glue dots on the back, so I'm hoping my frame job will be easy enough to undo with minimal damage.

Also, I joined another SAL because I've been bummed at not being able to keep up with the Joyful World SAL - wait, let me finish, this does kind of make sense - and each installment of the Ship's Manor "Beautiful Sea Quaker" SAL is really small (35x35 stitches), which I can totally keep up with! So that counteracts the bummed-ness. Plus the colors are very pretty and what a great deal on the hand-dyed threads.

Here's part one all finished:
I'm stitching it on 32 count evenweave in "Loki" by Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. I think I'm going to give this to my BFF for her birthday next year. She likes bright colors and ocean themes.

Comments

Justine said…
You did a great job framing your cats on parade! Why not replace one SAL with another - that makes perfect sense to me and I'm sure to many others!
Carol said…
Your cats finish is so adorable, Amy, and I admire the way you framed it with the black lace. A great idea for making an inexpensive frame fit--will remember that idea :)

Your new SAL looks so pretty in those colors--at that size, you'll have no problem with keeping up!!
Congratulations on your Cats on Parade finish and framing! Like it with the lace trim as 'matting'. You are off to a great start on your new SAL piece.
Von said…
Great job framing "Cats on Parade"!
Melinda Forbes said…
Love your Cats on Parade - I was thinking about joining the Ships Manor's SAL but I never, ever keep up with them - yours looks great
Julie said…
The cats look fabulous, the lace is so perfect along the top and bottom....clever idea.