Halloween things, and sticker shock

A couple of Halloween creations:

This past Spring I made a rag wreath for my front door, and I liked it so much that I've now made a Halloween one.
Looooove it. Last weekend, Joann's had 60%, 50% and 18" wire wreath frame for $0.99 coupons, so I got almost everything for half of what I would have paid otherwise. The bow, I got a couple of weeks back at Michael's - had no idea what I was going to do with it, but had to have it. It was perfect for this.

I finished stitching the companion to "Rats!":
This is "Black Crow" by The Stitcherhood from the 2015 JCS Halloween magazine. I added (or subracted?) the wing outline because I thought he looked a little weird without it. Now to decide how to finish-finish them...

And, I got a new car. I went as low as I could on price while still getting what I wanted (a bit bigger than my old car, good gas mileage), but I'm still reeling. I'm not a fan of spending a whole lot of money, neither all at once nor as part of a loan, especially for something that's not cheap to maintain. On the other hand, it's my first new car in 22 years (I've been driving pre-owned, which is fine, but new is still a novelty), it's very pretty, and it drives so nicely. So I'm excited, and also stressed out.

Comments

Melinda Forbes said…
your wreath is beautiful... Congrats on getting a new car. I wish it was time for me to trade in. I love new cars
Von said…
Congrats on the new car! We bought brand new 11 years ago and I'll never forget how nice it was. :) Seemed awfully extravagant!
Carol said…
Hpe you enjoy your new car! We only buy new ones every 12 years or so and I'm always shocked at how much prices have escalated in that time...

Such a pretty Halloween wreath (reminds me I have to get my summer flowery one off the front door--today!!) and the cute crow :)
Amy, your wreath is super looking. Are they easy to make? Your crow finish is cute. Congratulations on your new car! How exciting! What color is it? Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Julie said…
Love the wreath, a nice welcome for your visitors.
Safe travels in your new car.
Kaisievic said…
Your Hallowe'en wreath looks fabulous and Crow is a most suitable companion to Rat. Congrats on your new car, yes, more details please.