March finish(ish) and a good haul

This past week has been a bear. I'm way behind on blog reading/commenting/replying. I did manage some stitching.

I finished my version of the Snowflower Diaries Joyful World 'March.'
I'm on the fence about whether or not I should add more of the light blue diamond thingies (are they supposed to be rain? I've been thinking the white ones on the Jan & Feb design were snow...). I might later on in the SAL. But overall I'm happy with the changes I made to decrease the busy-ness of it. I stuck with just the daffodils and tulips, since they're early Spring flowers. I also left the little hyacinth down on the left that I'd already stitched. But I decided to do without the blue and white daisies and the butterfly. Hopefully those motifs will show up in other designs!
 
Here's a detail pic of the heron chick. Heron chicks in real life have ridiculously fluffy little heads, so I added some feather fluff to this little guy too. I like him. 
 
There was a fundraiser book sale this weekend, and I picked up some cross stitch stash! 20 old magazines and Just Nan and Cricket Collection leaflets, all for $2.20. At $0.10 each, I figure even if I only like one pattern in a magazine I still got a great bargain!


 I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

Comments

Linda said…
Congrats on the cute finish Amy and great haul.

Linda
Stitching Noni said…
Love your March finish :o)
Looks like you have some serious reading to do now!
Hugs xx
Carol said…
Aww... the little heron chick is adorable--such a nice change :) And what a great stack of stitching charts/magazines! Enjoy!!
Katie said…
Love your March finish and your changes made it personal. Great haul.
Julie said…
Your version of the SAL does look nice, I like the chickie with the fluffy headwear.
Unknown said…
What great luck to find all those wonderful charts for so little money. Yes I agree, you did get a great bargain. I love your version of March it makes it very special
Love your changes on the March SAL block. I especially love the fluff of fur on the baby! Great haul, I hope you find a few things you want to stitch.
March turned out great, Amy. The baby is adorable. Nice haul of magazines!
Kaisievic said…
March is looking really sweet, I like your changes. Great stash enhancement - well done!