Neeeeeeed stitching time OMG

This week has allowed for very little stitching time. Very short lunches due to aggressive work project deadlines; not as much time in evenings due to things with friends and needing to finish my knitting assignment before my knitting class tomorrow. (Spoiler: I really suck at knitting.)

But this weekend, I am hoping to have a craft-along with a friend and her mom (they both crochet). And I'm sure I'll squirrel some time away to hunker down in my green chair and do some solitary stitching too. Cannot wait. There will be tea and snacks and probably rain pattering on my metal roof! Aw yis.

I did hit one March goal last weekend: finished the side borders and the foxes on my Tall Oaks birth announcement thingie that I'm making for my (17y/o) son. I also finished all of the back stitch for this section, and filled in the creepy empty zombie eyes on the squirrels, bird and owl. :D
I've rolled the fabric down to make room for the top border (words, a wee turtle, and a couple of acorns). That will be my April goal.

When I finished Spring Bunnies I needed a new take-to-work project, but I didn't have the time or energy to kit anything new up. Instead I rediscovered a project I started around this time last year, and worked on during my extensive 2015 work travel. It's Spring Robin from Mill Hill's Buttons and Beads series:
I've finally started on the robin, yay!


My weekend projects will be Snowflower Diaries' Joyful World "March," and one or two new starts. It occurred to me that maybe I should start early on at least one of the bigger fall patterns I want to do this year. Plus I have a couple of wee cute patterns I've been wanting to do.

Happy weekend!

Comments

Justine said…
Pretty stitching! I love the blue in that robin piece. Looking forward to seeing your new starts.
Nice progress on your Tall Oaks piece and congratulations on meeting that part of your March goals. I really like your Spring Robin piece. Not familiar with it so will go check it out. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Katie said…
Congrats on meeting your March goals. Fantastic stitching! Love the robin piece. Good luck finding time for those X's.