March Smalls SAL post

My small for the March Smalls SAL:
"A Little Gray Hare" by Lizzie Kate. The fabric is actually much more green than this picture makes it look. I made one small change - I gave the hare a poofy little cottontail with some ecru french knots. The pattern is a kit, and it does have finishing supplies, but I haven't finished it yet.

The threads that come with the kit are Weeks Dye Works. The leftover threads have already come in handy; I used a couple in "Spring Bunnies."

Other smalls completed this month:
In non-cross-stitching news, I started knitting a scarf. I picked up some cheap yarn since I'm still not a great knitter; it's a wool blend variegated yarn, and actually it's cooperating with me very nicely. My initial start on it was waaaaayyyy too wide, so I pulled it apart and started over, and look at this:
It's making a nifty criss-cross pattern all by itself! Thank you, yarn, you're making me look good.

I'm going to run out of this yarn before I finish the scarf, though, woops. There was only one skein of it available when I purchased it. I'm thinking though that I'll just get a coordinating gray to finish it off. Color-blocking is still on trend, right? :D

Comments

Justine said…
I love your cute little Easter stitch, and what a great idea to stitch a fluffy tail with French knots!
Colour-blocking is totally on trend, you are going to end up with a completely original scarf!
Katie said…
Cute Easter finish! Love your scarf. Not an ability I have at all so I think you're doing fantastic!!
Brenda said…
I love your little Easter LK project. Too cute. And you have a great start on a new scarf!!!! WTG
Unknown said…
Love your Fluffy Little Tail. And makes your finish extra special. I love the Green White Grey yarn - it looks great, Knitting is something I do at times to take a break from Cross stitching.
Marie said…
Adorable Easter finish. The french knot tail is a great idea!
Your scarf is looking quite nice.
Amy, your Easter Hare is adorable. Nice start on your scarf! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Julie said…
I've enjoyed a lovely catch up read, you have been working on such lovely things, the knitting looks perfect, well done.
Carol said…
Oh, Amy, that is one adorable finish! I just love anything with rabbits on it and this one is so sweet with those wonderful colors :) Nice start on your scarf, too--I hope to learn to knit one of these days! Probably not until I retire, though...
ANGIE said…
Hi Amy, it's so sweet finish! Happy stitching!
Heather said…
What a lovely little bunny. Great job. And your scarf is looking wonderful too.

Thanks for taking part in the Smalls SAL!