Wretched Fail

Here's something I was working on last month that I completely messed up: geeky Star Wars themed thing called "Bless This House - Mos Eisley Edition."

Via Etsy, here
There's supposed to be another section below, a rendering of Mos Eisley spaceport, but as may or may not be evident in the photo, I epically mis-cut the fabric and improperly centered the design. If I continued, the bottom section would be maybe a half-inch from the right edge, and who knows how close to the bottom. I don't know what I was doing when I cut (look at that wonky sloping right side! ugh) and started this. Probably multi-tasking.

I have another piece of fabric that I can use for this, that is both a bit larger and also cut straight. I don't know if it's worth it to frog all of the stitches from this one so that I could reuse the fabric for something else later, or...what. I hate to just toss it. I'm thinking of maybe finishing the top portion and possibly giving it to a friend? I don't know.

I did finish stitching something last night, but no picture yet. It's my wee January Smalls SAL thing. It took longer than it should have due to a weird charted floss color I ended up replacing. But I really like it.

And, I joined one more SAL (the only other one I'm going to join, for serious): Snowflower Diaries "Joyful World" SAL. It was initially a Facebook SAL, but she's sharing the patterns on her blog as well. I haven't started yet, since I don't have fabric, and I'm not sure if I'm going to do individual pieces or one big grid. But it looks like the patterns will be small and cute so yay.


Comments

Katie said…
Oh no. That's always my biggest fear when cutting my own fabric. So sorry it happened to you. I would toss it and start over fresh. Love the piece though. My hubby and son would love it since they are huge Star Wars nerds haha. Good luck with your SALs.