I finished a thing, woo

Last week Brownie's Chair posted a link to this freebie, and then yesterday it snowed and got incredibly cold here and it just seemed like the right time to stitch it.


I used a scrap of 30 or 32 count glittery white linen that I picked up in a bin at the stitch shop that closed last December; I didn't have the charted threads, so I used 519, 742 & 907. I really like how it turned out. It's going in my pile of Things I Will Probably Turn Into Christmas Ornaments.

In also did some work on Tall Oaks. For some reason this is a very satisfying project to work on. I think it's partly because if I get tired of working on, say, leaves, I can go stitch an animal for a while instead. And no matter how much I jump around on the design, I make progress.


I ordered fabric and a couple of threads for the Snowflower Diaries' Joyful World SAL, and should get them tomorrow. I'm doing the full calendar all on one piece of fabric, which means this will be my first time starting a pattern by measuring out from a corner, rather than starting in the center of the design. I reeeeeeally hope I don't screw it up.

Comments

Justine said…
That was quick out of the blocks! Great finish. With a piece the size of your SAL I would always double check my measurements by counting from the middle too. Good luck! It looks like it's going to be gorgeous.
Katie said…
Love the freebie!! Too cute. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your finish. I just love the primitive SAL and I never like primitive things haha. Beautiful progress on your Tall Oaks piece. I love pieces that you can bounce around on.
Deb said…
Don't you love it when you can pull a fabric scrap and stitch a beautiful design! Adorable snowman!