Testing...

I recently reclaimed a room in my house from its fate as The Room Where We Dump Stuff We Don't Know What To Do With. One little corner of it has been turned into my 'library,' with many books, a TV, and an old green chair that I got from Goodwill a couple of years ago.

The chair smelled of eau de grandpa when I got it, looks like it might be from the '70s (lime green, boxy, and vinyl), rocks, and is super comfy. I just happened to have a footstool covered in dark lime green fabric, too. Now there's also a large pet bed topped with bright green fabric, so at least some things in the room coordinate, even if nothing else does.

The best thing about this chair is that it's perfect for drinking tea and reading and rekindling my interest in cross stitch. When I started cross stitching some...oh geez, 20 years ago? I used to only do very large, time-consuming projects. They look great when they're done, but they take a lot of time and I would get burned out on them and put them away for 5 or 10 years at a time, which got to be frustrating.

Back in September I found buckets of freebies via Pinterest, though, and have managed to stitch some little things since then. Interest: revived! I stitched a few for Halloween/autumn, and then a few others that may or may not be turned into Christmas ornaments. (If I have the time and the patience to figure out how to do it before Christmas gets here, I'll be incredibly pleased with myself.) I also have started an old pattern I've had for ages, for a larger piece, but if I have to set it aside I will still have some little patterns to keep me engaged.

(So many little patterns. Between Pinterest and the only cross stitch store within driving distance going out of business and offering 40%-50% off of everything, I have SO MANY patterns to choose from.

Whee!)

At any rate, I thought I'd track my stitching progress and completions here. So, there will be pictures. Later.

Comments

Katie said…
Nice to "meet" you Amy. Welcome to the addiction oh I mean hobby haha. I love cross stitching and pretty much do it everyday.