WIPocalypse SAL

I'm joining Measi's WIPocalypse this year. I spent most of last year being very WIP-focused, but this year I intend to do Stitch Maynia again and I don't want to lose sight of the older WIPs (and then feel guilty for starting a bunch of things while still having old WIPs. As I do). So! I'm going to join this awesomely-named SAL and see how it goes!

My WIPocalypse intro post:

Question of the Month: Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

I am Amy, I like to stitch things, read, walk my dogs, go to the coffee shop and to bookstores, and plan home renovations that I occasionally get around to implementing. I have a son in college, a sister out of state, parents nearby, and way too many pets for such a small house.

My 2019 stitching goals this year are:

1. Keep pattern purchases to a minimum. I have so many patterns OMG. My plan is to allow myself to buy one in August for Carla & Leo's Halloween SAL, and then set a budget for the 2019 Needlework Galleria in St. Charles, MO where I will let myself buy a couple of patterns.

2. Do Stitch Maynia (a challenge via the Stitch Maynia Facebook group) in May and start as many projects as I am able. In 2017 I intended to start 15, but only managed 11. So this year I'll just plan to start as many as I'm moved to start.

3. Put some stitches into ALL of my current (pre-2019) WIPs. I have 13; status pics in this previous post.
  1. The Bunnies / Bent Creek
  2. Buzzing Bee / Mill Hill 
  3. Butterflies Biscornu / Seba Designs
  4. Beautiful Sea Quaker SAL / Ship's Manor
  5. Feathers & Fins / Tempting Tangles
  6. Mysterious Halloween Town / Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
  7. Christmas Mouse in a House (house) / Just Nan
  8. Whimsical Advent Calendar / Primitive Hare
  9. Scandinavian Christmas Towel / Just Cross Stitch
  10. Frosty Feast / Crossed Wing Collection
  11. Bleeding Heart Pixie / Nora Corbett
  12. Enchanted Alphabet / Lavender & Lace
  13. Mermaids Azure and Verde (to be stitched together on the same piece of fabric) / Mirabilia
4. And finally, complete at least five of those WIPs, including #s 1, 2 & 4, possibly 3, and then either #5 or #11.

Comments

Faith... said…
Good luck! Hope you get lots of stitching in this year!
Julie said…
Enjoying keeping up with your plans this year. Nice list.
Katie said…
Great list! Good luck!!
Great goals! I love how you accommodated for our Halloween SAL. We're already collecting ideas for possible patterns!