WIPocalypse - June

http://measi.net/measiblog/wipocalypse_main/2019-wipocalypse-info-page/
Question of the month: Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year?

Not terrible! I'm in a good place with a couple of the goals, despite stalling on them recently; I completed the "start new things in May" goal; and even though I haven't been able to completely stop the pattern purchases I have kept my actually spending (money-wise) quite low, which was half the reason for that goal. (The other half was that I already have a billion patterns, but...ah well.)

Progress on my WIPocalypse goals:
  • Minimize pattern purchases: I had the opportunity to stop into a real LNS a couple weekends ago (sort of - it's actually a quilt shop with a small cross stitch section), and I purchased the Erica Michaels Silk Berry Collection "Brrrberry". Adorable! And stitching on silk is something I haven't done before, so I'm kind of excited to try that.
  • Complete at least five of my 'old' WIPs: Still at four finishes...
  • Put some stitches into all of my 'old' WIPs at least once during 2019: I haven't made progress on this one this month, either. It's partly because I am jazzed to work on Stitch Maynia starts (I've worked on PS Where There are Bees & one of the LK Summer Smalls), plus still really enjoying HoD Block Party: Java, and therefore somewhat neglecting the old WIPs; and partly because I'm just not stitching a ton right now. With daylight hours lasting longer I have less before-bed stitching time, plus a lot of projects around the house that I want to do, plus I've been doing a lot of reading in my free time.

Comments

Katie said…
Good luck on getting more progress on your goals. You can do it! I love stitching Erica's pieces. So beautiful and tiny.
Julie said…
Time spent in a real LNS is time well spent, hope you get to work on he new things soon.
Sounds like your doing great! You still have half the year to reach your goals, and daylight hours are already starting to get shorter again ;)