Stitch Maynia days 6 - 10

Stitch Maynia 2019 continues! So far I haven't done any FFOing, but I did put a couple of stitches into an old WIP today.

May 6
Hats Off to Halloween, by Lizzie Kate, on 28 count mystery fabric (it's a hand-painted white and gray marbled evenweave). I was excited to find that I have most of the charted threads already in my stash, although I think maybe GAST Sable has changed considerably since the pattern was first released - in the design photo the cat looks black, but my Sable is a mid-brown. So I'll swap that one out. And I don't have GAST Peacock, but I'm sure I have a good alternative.
May 7
Jade Blue by Nora Corbett, 32 count French Lace linen. I picked up the Kreinik 042 #4 braid when I got the pattern a couple of years ago - evidently it’s been discontinued so it would be less easy to find now.
May 8
You Had Me At Flamingo by Hands On Design on 36 count linen from my stash. I had purchased the charted pinks along with the pattern, but I'll use stash/DMC for the other colors. The little pillow and one of the fobs will be a gift for my flamingo-loving mom.
May 9
Oktober Feast by With Thy Needle and Thread/Brenda Gervais, on 36 count PTP Legacy linen with the charted threads. I normally prefer 2 over 2 on 36 count, but this pattern specifies 1 over 2 so I decided to go with it.
May 10
Old WIP: Mermaid Azure by Nora Corbett, started back in 2016 and promptly abandoned after a couple dozen stitches. I don't know why I continually avoid this project, the fabric is gorgeous and the mermaids will be lovely. My intention is to stitch Azure and Verde on the same fabric, facing each other. If I ever get that far. Fabric is 32 count Naiad linen by Under the Sea Fabrics.

Comments

Shelly said…
Wow, everything looks so scrumptious. I like everything you're stitching on. Mermaid Azure is going to be stunning!
Kay said…
I have Jade Blue in my stash, thank you for the heads up on the discontinued thread. x
Great new starts and good job giving some love to the Mermaid as well! She'll be stunning.
Julie said…
More beauties to watch grow over the coming months
Katie said…
Fantastic new starts! Again love your fabrics.