Stitch Maynia 2019 days 11 - 16

My current plan is to do Stitch Maynia for 22 days - 19 new starts (for 2019) and progress on 3 neglected WIPs. The last time I did Maynia, in 2017, I managed 13 new starts before I was overcome with the need to quit starting things and start finishing things. We'll see how my plan plays out this year. I'm starting to get twitchy. 😋

May 11
This will be a Christmas present for my sister. She has a large nutcracker collection. I'm using a mystery linen from my stash, and threads I have on hand (the red is a Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe thread called "Merry Christmas").
May 12
This is a JBW Designs pattern that I'm stitching on 32 count "Chesapeake Bay" linen by Under the Sea Fabrics. This is one of those designs that has a not-great model photo and you don't realize how seriously cute it is until you see it stitched. I saw the stitched model in person at Needlework Galleria in Missouri a couple of years ago and had to get the chart.
May 13
I'm stitching "Summer" from this Lizzie Kate design set on the called-for fabric with threads I have on hand. The pink here is a great gently variegated fuchsia called Cherry Swirl by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.
May 14
Maynia day 14 was progress on a neglected WIP (Mysterious Halloween Town by Frosted Pumpkin), though I only managed 12 stitches before my blind dog decided he couldn't relax unless I had an arm around him and was holding his feet.

May 15
This is Quaker Bird Pinwheel by Threadwork Primitives. I'm using the charted fabric and threads, neither of which show up too well in this terrible photo...
May 16
And then yesterday I started Rorschach by SamSarah Designs. I got a light gray fabric called Graceful Gray, and am using the Sulky Petites called for in the design. The red/orange in real life is much closer to the red/pink/peach that you can sort of see in the model photo, but, again, terrible photo! I got quite a bit done on this because I had a really long meeting for work, and since it was virtual I stitched (ironically, that helps me focus on the meeting because it keeps me from multi-tasking).

Comments

Great new starts! Crafting helps me keep focused as well, I do it for lectures, long phone calls, presentations, what ever needs my attention but leaves my hands free!
Julie said…
All so very different and delightful.
Katie said…
Great new starts! Love your dog. Totally something I would do for my dog.