Stitch Maynia 2019 Days 1 - 5

I'm doing Stitch Maynia this year. In January I made rather big plans, but have since scaled well back to a much smaller selection of new starts, interspersed with unloved WIPs and (hopefully) FFOs. So far I have five new starts:

May 1
Where There Are Bees by Prairie Schooler, on white 32 count linen with DMC threads. I've been wanting to stitch this forever. I love the colors and the motifs.
May 2
A Spirited Mandala by Ink Circles, on 32 count Crystal Voodoo Lugana by Picture This Plus, with DMC threads. I randomly purchased the fabric at one point because I thought it was cool, and then sometime later was gifted the pattern, which uses (not sparkly) Voodoo. Serendipity! I'd forgotten how much of a pain it is to stitch on sparkly fabric, though. My goal to stitch at least two threads per new start did not quite happen on this one.
May 3
Reflections of Cairo by Ink Circles on 32 ct  Dried Thistle linen by Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie, with Thread Gatherer threads in Turquoise Fields. I picked that thread because I wanted the colors of ancient Egyptian jewelry - the fabric already has gold and carnelian covered, and the threads bring in the lapis lazuli, turquoise, green jasper and emerald. ❤
May 4
Music Among the Trees by Rosewood Manor, on 32 ct white linen with DMC. I love Rosewood Manor designs, but this will be my first to actually stitch.
May 5
The last Ink Circles on my Maynia list, Four de Lys, on 28 count Oyster linen with Thread Gatherer silk threads Greek Currents (terrible picture - the thread has shades of turquoise/blue/green and lavender/purple/plum).

Comments

Enjoyed reading about your first Maynia starts, Amy! You have picked some beautiful charts along with fabrics and threads. Enjoy your week!
Ooh, glorious new starts - I love all of them, but have to say Music Among the Trees and Reflections of Cairo are just the prettiest. I really need to do one of the Ink Circles mandalas; I have done a few of their patterns but no mandala so far!
Shelly said…
Great new starts! I am stitching something on sparkly fabric too and I agree with you. I really really like the Ink Circles designs you're starting, especially Four de Lys. Have fun!
Julie said…
A lovely selection. The Rosewood Manor is splendid.
Katie said…
Great new starts! Love the beautiful fabrics.