WIPocalypse February Update (a.k.a. OMG I FINISHED MY PIXIE!)

http://measi.net/measiblog/wipocalypse_main/2019-wipocalypse-info-page/
Question of the month: What do you listen to while stitching?

Depends - either audiobooks or tv / movies. If my son is home, I listen to him play piano. This month's background noise:
  • Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells on audiobook
  • Holmes & Russell novels by Laurie R. King on audiobook
  • The Haunting of Hill House series on Netflix (though admittedly I ended up turning off the lights and watching these without stitching a lot of the time, for full effect)
  • Lucifer series on Netflix
 Progress on my WIPocalypse goals:
  • Minimize pattern purchases: I didn't buy any patterns this month, even though Barnes & Noble had a buy one get one 50% off on magazines last weekend. Very proud of myself. I did buy the bead pack for Bleeding Heart Pixie.
  • Complete at least five of my 'old' WIPs: I finished two!! Whaaaaat! I finished Buzzing Bee last week, and then I got so excited to be close to finishing Bleeding Heart Pixie that I powered through and finished her last night.
  • Put some stitches into all of my 'old' WIPs at least once during 2019: I worked on three projects this month, Buzzing Bee, Bleeding Heart Pixie, and Whimsical Advent Calendar:
Buzzing Bee by Mill Hill, before / after:
 
Bleeding Heart Pixie by Nora Corbett, before / after (also, I was wondering why my tendonitis was acting up this month; but in retrospect I'm pretty sure I can blame this project...):
I wish there was a way to capture the loveliness of the beads - the petite gold and the dark red are glass-like and sparkly, and the orange are pearlized and shimmery.
I had to give her a face - the sort of mask-like quality of the charted back stitching creeped me out. (I kind of watch/read a lot of SF/F and horror wherein faceless beings are a source of terror...) I like how it turned out!

Whimsical Advent Calendar by Primitive Hare, previously completed motifs / motifs completed this month:

Comments

Katie said…
Great work on everything. Congrats on finishing up Pixie. She is just gorgeous indeed. I love the Mill Hill too. So cute! Great work with your goals. Keep it up! By the way we LOVED Haunting of Hill House. I couldn't stitch and watch it either haha. Lucifer is fantastic too. Can't wait for the next season. So glad Netflix took it since FOX dropped it.
Cathy said…
The Pixie is gorgeous and I love the little bee. Congratulations on all your accomplishments this month.
Great work on you projects - especially your finishes! I love the little bee, so cute!
Great job getting two finishes in this month! The fairy looks awesome, I love the colours and your face turned out perfectly.
Julie said…
Pixie is stunning, a magnificent finish