WIPocalypse: January Update

Question of the month: What SALs are you participating in this year?
  • WIPocalypse (of course :)
  • Smalls SAL - Stitch a small design every month. One of my WIPs is an advent calendar and I was thinking that I could stitch one or two a month for the Smalls SAL
  • Stitch Maynia - basically this is a "start all the things!!!! in May" SAL run via the Facebook group of the same name
  • Carla & Leo's Halloween SAL - Starts in August; you pick one or more out of a set of patterns chosen by Carla and Leonore, and the challenge is to finish by Halloween. There is a Facebook group for this too
Progress on my WIPocalypse goals:
  • Minimize pattern purchases: I did buy one, but it was a small Christmas ornament kit from Joann's on sale post-holiday for 99 cents
  • Complete at least five of the 'old' WIPs: I finished The Bunnies this month, yay! (Granted I haven't sewn on the button, but my plan is to stitch it into a pillow and 'tuft' the center using the button.)
  • Put some stitches into all of my 'old' WIPs at least once during 2019: I stitched on several this month, mainly because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to focus on. Before / after pics:
The Bunnies by Bent Creek
Buzzing Bee by Mill Hill
 
Butterflies Biscornu by Seba Designs - The more I work on this, the more deeply unhappy I am with the colors I chose. Also, it's going to be a HUGE biscornu which seems weird to me. I'm seriously considering KonMari-ing it into the trash can.
 Feathers n' Fins by Tempting Tangles - Very little progress, because I need better magnification. I'm thinking of getting one of those Mag Eyes things.
Whimsical Advent Calendar by Primitive Hare
 
Bleeding Heart Pixie by Nora Corbett - I've picked this as a "focus and finish" project. I'm not stitching on it exclusively, but I'm trying to spend the majority of my time on it (50% or more).
 

Comments

Katie said…
Great work on everything. Keep it up!
Kay said…
It is so hard when we have done so much work on a piece not to love the final result. I would say finish the one side and give it away. x
Faith... said…
I love our bunnies and the butterflies are so pretty! Great progress on everything!
Julie said…
If you are not enjoying the butterflies let it go (it is pretty though).
Great work on the bunnies and love the fairy! I'm sorry to hear about the butterfly biscornu. Personally I think the colours are gorgeous, but it's no use if you're not happy with what you're doing.