Smalls SAL and a big finish!

Frolic in the Foliage by Blue Ribbon Designs is finished - for November for Stitching Lotus's Smalls SAL I stitched the bottom section (words, motifs).
I changed one word from the charted design, et voila, it's done! Hurray!


That's not my only big finish this month, though. I also stitched November from the Snowflower Diaries Joyful World:
And then I stitched December, with a couple of changes (changed the white bird to a Pileated Woodpecker which is a bird that hangs out around here in the winter; and put a third flower in the upper right corner in place of a couple of charted Christmas ornaments):
And then I went back and made a change to January (picked out some specialty stitches I didn't like the look of and replaced them with cross stitches), and now this project is finally complete!!

Snowflower Diaries 2016 Joyful World SAL, started January 2016, finished November 2018:
Please forgive the terrible lighting in the above photos - I can't seem to arrange to take pictures on a sunny day lately. Anyhow, it's interesting to me to look through the months and see how often I tweaked the design.

January - changed the eyelet stitches
February - no changes
March - swapped a couple of flowers and a butterfly for more raindrops, and changed the chick from a yellow chick to a fluffy white and gray heron chick
April - adjusted the shape of the bunny's head, made all of the left-hand flowers purple (lilacs!)
May - changed the bird to an Eastern Bluebird, gave the kitties noses, stitched mama cat's tail to hang down
June - no changes
July - changed the color of the border/word, fully stitched the bent leg of the right-side flamingo
August - changed the color(s) of the dog to match one of mine, changed the butterfly to a Monarch
September - slightly altered the position of the birds, added one
October - no changes but an error (used the wrong color for the dark part of the snail shell)
November - made an error (stitched a couple of letters too low) and so added a couple of snowflakes above the letters to make it look intentional
December - changes as mentioned above

It was a really fun design to stitch and play with! I am looking forward to getting it framed. <3

Comments

Carol said…
Wow! Great job on finishing all 12! They look wonderful :) And I like the changes in the wording to the BRD piece--great job!
Katie said…
Wow they both look fantastic. Major congrats on both big finishes!
Faith... said…
They both look great! Congrats on two wonderful finishes!!
Julie said…
**big round of applause** stunning finishes, well done they look amazing.
Awesome finishes! I love the Joyful World SAL.
Congratulations on both of your finishes! I love your Blue Ribbon Design finish -- the colors, the blocks, and the verse.