October Smalls post, etc

Firstly, my monthly stitch for Stitching Lotus's Smalls SAL: This month I stitched the turkey block on the lower right. The design is Frolic in the Foliage by Blue Ribbon Designs. For November I'll stitch the words and motifs along the bottom, and then the piece will be done!
I also finished stitching Halloween March Drum by Dames of the Needle. I purchased the kit with the fabric (30 count Guacamole by WDW) and thread (Gunmetal also by WDW), as well as some velvet for FFOing. Because of my peculiar stitching style, I ran out of thread with just a few more stitches to go. I really like the thread, so I ordered more; it will be a good variegated gray/black to have in my stash. This photo is before putting in those last few stitches (top border, left):
I'm currently working on "October" from the Snowflower Diaries freebie "Joyful World."

In non-stitchy news, I got a photo of my 5-animal zoo that I thought I'd share. My furnace had to be replaced, but in the couple of weeks before the scheduled replacement the temperatures turned Autumn-y and my drafty old house got a bit chilly. This was my couch one day last week, after I got up to get a cup of tea:
I'd been sitting beside the dark brown dog with the two cats half on my lap. The other cat is sitting on top of the couch because if he couldn't be on my lap then he didn't want any part of the cuddle session. 😊

Comments

Your turkey block looks good. Way to go on the finish of it and the Halloween March piece. Super shot of your critter family!
Katie said…
Beautiful work on both pieces. I hate running out of thread when it is this close. I love the photo of your furbabies. Too cute!
Julie said…
The turkey block is a great addition to the autumnal stitching.
Your furry friends look nice and cosy
Great stitching. You're almost done!
I love your zoo. The all seem to be getting along reasonably well!