August Smalls SAL and other autumn stitching

 For Stitching Lotus's Smalls SAL:
I stitched the squirrel block on the right. There was a lot of red in this block which for whatever reason I did not love while in progress. It's cute finished, though. The pattern is Frolic in the Foliage by Blue Ribbon Designs.

In the October 2018 issue of Just Cross Stitch is a design by Blue Ribbon Designs that I will definitely have to stitch to go with the one I've been working on:
I have enough of the fabric left that I'm using for Frolic, and will be able to use most of the same threads. Yay! I'll probably stitch it next year.

It's still hot and humid where I live, but I'm fully into the autumn and Halloween stitching mood.
New seasonal stitching so far includes Halloween Cat by Lucky Star Stitches on Etsy:

I'm stitching this for Carla & Leo's Halloween Stitch Along (on Facebook; also check out Carla's and Leonore's blogs.) I'm using a bit of 32 count Oyster linen from my stash, with the called-for threads. I have actually completed the cat's feet (stripey purple socks!) and the witch; I should have it finished over the weekend.

Since that SAL didn't start until August 15th and I REALLY wanted to start working on something Halloween-y early on in the month, I also started Halloween March Drum by Dames of the Needle:
I bought this as a kit; it came with the fabric (30 ct Guacamole by WDW - lighter in real life than it looks here) and thread (Gunmetal by WDW), and velvet (Newt's Eye by Dames of the Needle) for finishing. It's a fun project. I've finished the cauldron (the main motif seen here) since taking this photo.

Comments

Kay said…
I like the look of the design from Just Cross Stitch, I will have to see if I can find a copy over here. x
Katie said…
Beautiful work on everything. I was in the mood for Halloween stitching too lately.
Julie said…
The JCS design will be the perfect accompaniment for your lovely autumnal monthly SAL.
Mary said…
Lovely stitching.
Elfie said…
Your sampler is looking great.
Carol said…
Your newest squirrel block is so cute--the entire piece is really looking like fall. Sure wish this darn weather would cool down, though! Enough of these 90° days :)
Lovely autumn and Halloween stitching. I'm thrilled to have you as part of our Halloween SAL, Boo Cat looks great :)
Your squirrel block looks super. Good starts on your Halloween stitches!

Enjoy your weekend!
thanida said…
Thank you for this post. Good luck for you.
i99bet
nira said…
you have done the great job,your blog design is very nice.bk8
thanida said…
I wanna come beck here for new post from your blog.
sagame66
sagame77
sagame88