Dim Sum

This weekend, my son and I met his piano professor and her husband for lunch. My son has studied with her for 5 years - three years in high school, and two years at the community college where she is on the faculty. In the fall he's transferring to a 4-year university to continue his degree, but he has met with her a couple of times over the summer for lessons. This weekend was his last lesson with her, and she invited us to lunch before the lesson.

We ate at a restaurant called Lulu's Seafood and Dim Sum, which serves authentic Chinese food, and it was SO good. I borrowed this photo from their website; it shows how the food is served:
The staff comes by with carts loaded with plates or steamer baskets of dishes, and you choose what you want and everyone at the table passes the food around and takes some. We had curry and soy sauce noodles, garlic green beans and spinach, pork and shrimp dumplings, taro cakes, and I even tried chicken feet (didn't care for them, but I did try them!). There was mango pudding for dessert - each serving was topped with chopped fruit and a bit of condensed milk. We also shared a couple pots of oolong tea.

I was absolutely stuffed at the end of the meal, and the professor and her husband were just an absolute delight to spend time with!

Comments

Katie said…
Oh yummy that looks good. You are better than me. I couldn't try chicken feet. Icky.
It's lovely that your son is still pursuing his music even at university...I gave up near the end of high school, just didn't have the time anymore.
That food looks delicious! This type of passing food around, everybody sharing meals are my favourite.