Books

Between work, stress, and sore hands/wrists, I am not getting much stitching done lately. I'm working on the next square of "Frolic in the Foliage" with the goal of having it done by the end of May, and also working on not beating myself up for not doing more.

I have been reading quite a bit, though. Yesterday I received the 2nd book in the Murderbot Diaries novella series:
These are sci-fi books about a cyborg security android that took control of itself and *could* have gone on a killing spree, but instead decides to watch thousands of hours of streaming entertainment while taking aloof care of the humans it has been assigned to guard. In the second book, it has left to search for answers about its dark past.

These books are quick, engaging reads, with a great sense of both humor and adventure, and a Murderbot who you can't help but love.

I've also been to two used book sales, and spent about $20 on the following:
It's all mystery, history, biography, and philosophy, with one sci-fi classic thrown in. There wasn't a whole lot of sci-fi at either sale that appealed to me. I'm having second thoughts about the Dorothy Gilman books - they're a bit twee - but we'll see.

Mmmmm, books.

Comments

Julie said…
Happy reading.
Wishing you good health soon.
Katie said…
I enjoy reading but stitching always seems to win over my time. The book you are reading sounds interesting though. My son would probably like it. He mostly reads graphic novels though.
Sorry your hands/wrists are giving you problems! Have you thought about using a brace? It might help. Nice pile of books you picked up!
Ariadne said…
Oh I envy all those books.AriadnefromGreece!