Eclipse! Oh, and stitchy haul!

I am lucky to live in the path of totality (where we saw a 100% eclipse of the sun), so we had a couple minutes of interestingly funky ambient light before/after totality, and 2.5 minutes of a total eclipse. Seeing the sun's corona flaring out around the dark shadow of the moon was amazingly cool, as was the sudden racket of night insects waking up and the street lights turning on while the day paused for a moment of deepest dusk.

I didn't take any pictures of totality (too busy oooh-ing and ahhh-ing with my son) but I did get pictures of a cool thing. This is what it looks like when an eclipsed sun shines through a tree's canopy:
Those crescent shapes are eclipse shadows! The first photo is before totality; the second, after.

I am working from home today, so I was able to step outside and enjoy the show from my front yard. It was fantastic. Such a cool experience!!!

Happy Eclipse Day!

I almost forgot - I went to a huge used books sale this weekend, and came away with this:
Two Christmas magazines (2005 & 2001), a booklet by Blackbird Designs and Nicoletta Farrauto (Nikyscreations), and two books, all for $4.75. I had not budgeted for that, but it was worth it. I'll take the money out of my Needlework Galleria budget.

Comments

Great haul on the books! I enjoyed seeing your pictures through the tree canopy.
Carol said…
So glad the eclipse was a success in your area, Amy! We only had about an 82% coverage so it really didn't even get much darker. But, a 2024 eclipse should be much better in our area :)

Love your new finds--what a bargain! Enjoy!
Julie said…
Great haul of books. Cool shadows you captured too.