2017 stitchy goals

Happy New Year, everyone. I've been enjoying the look-back and plan-ahead posts folks have been making, so I thought I'd whip up my own versions.

Looking back: I completed 35 stitching projects (not including mini-finishes that were parts of SALs). I collected my 2016 finishes here.

Planning ahead:

The TL;DR version: I'm going to try the Stitch from Stash challenge, and continue doing the Smalls SAL.

Stitch from Stash (LOL)
 
I'm going to attempt Stitch from Stash (via Facebook) this year, because 2016 was really stressful and I seem to have done, hmm, quite a bit of therapy shopping.

My main goal is to seriously minimize purchase of patterns, but also to default to my fabric and thread stash before buying new.

So, WIPs I want to finish:
- Village Square / Ink Circles Finished
- Japanese Hiragana Sampler / Modern Folk Embroidery Finished
- Beautiful Sea Quaker SAL / Ship's Manor
- Flamingo / Mill Hill (just needs beads & assembly)
- Merry Bird / Lizzie Kate (needs beads & assembly)

WIPs I am struggling not to forget about:
- Joyful World SAL / Snowflower Diaries
- Frosty Feast / Crossed Wing Collection
- Spring Robin / Mill Hill

I didn't do any gift stitching last year, would like to try to gift a couple of things this year:
- Woolen Sheep / Cricket Collection (for a friend whose birthday is in February ack) Finished
- Wildflower Wreath / Kazuko Aoki from "Cross Stitch Garden" (for my mom for Mother's Day)

Possible from-stash starts for me:
- Feather Fairy / Mirabilia
- Where There are Bees or As the Crow Flies / Prairie Schooler
- Weinachtsmarkt / Cuore e Batticuore
- Feathers 'n Fins / Tempting Tangles
- Bird Study / Kathy Barrick
- Jolly Jack / All Through the Night
- Whimsical Advent Calendar / The Primitive Hare Started
- Angel of Light / Lavender & Lace (or possibly Angel of Winter, or Angel of Christmas...)
- 3 Violets Humbug, Witchy's Sister Mouse, and Gingerbread Angel Mouse / Just Nan
- Easter Sampler / one of the British magazines Started
- Christmas snow globe / Jardin Prive
- Florilege / Camille Coljé Camps
- Mad March Hare / Cross Stitch Collection
- any number of patterns that I'm forgetting

Obviously, I have PLENTY of patterns and should not buy anymore, possibly forever, though I don't necessarily see that happening...

2017 Smalls SAL
 
I really enjoyed Heather's Smalls SAL, so definitely doing that again this year. Tentative plan is below. A few of these are rather big smalls, so depending on what else is going on at the time I may ditch the plan and grab something smaller from my stash.

Jan - Chilly Winter / By the Bay Needleart Finished
Feb - Love blocks / Just Cross Stitch Jan/Feb 2016 Finished
Mar - Easter Egg / Cricket Collection
Apr - Spring Egg / Prairie Schooler
May - Blossom Home / All Through the Night
Jun - My Secret Garden / LizzieKate
Jul - As the Crow Flies "Sow 4 Seeds" / Prairie Schooler
Aug - Oktober Feast / With Thy Needle & Thread
Sept - [Autumn]
Oct - [Halloween]
Nov - [Turkey or Thanksgiving]
Dec - [Christmas]

Comments

Katie said…
Great plans! I look forward to cheering you along.
You have come up with a fabulous plan. I wish you much success with your stitching intentions. I will be here cheering you on, Amy!
Julie said…
Lots of lovely things you will be working on this year, looking forward to seeing them all grow.
Melinda Forbes said…
Love your 2017 plans - I have joined 2017a Stitch from Stash - fb too. I have so many charts I love - I just want to stitch them. You had a great 2016 year - here's to a Stitchy 2017.